When you share information with us, for example by purchasing a product, downloading an app, or creating an account with us, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and store and why we collect and store it.
- How we use that information.
- How we disclose information we collect.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
If you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses and browsers, then we ask that you read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to us; whether you are new to Advanced Navigation or a long-time customer, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions, contact us on the details set out below.
You may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, you may not be able to utilise our services or access all Advanced Navigation content.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- credit card information;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How do we collect your information?
Generally, we may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- register on our website or app;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites; and
- interact with our sites, services, content and advertising.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. We collect information about you and your company as you register for an account with us, create or modify your profile, use, access, or interact with our services or our websites. Such content includes any personal information or other sensitive information that you choose to include. For example, our services may require you to sign up for an account with us. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card. We may present your name, email address or image to other users in your organisation, or otherwise associated with your account in order to assist in sharing or recommendations.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit a website that uses our services or you view and interact with our content. This information includes:
- Device information – We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). We may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your account.
- Log information – When you use our services or view content provided by us, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries;
- telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls;
- Internet Protocol address;
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL; and
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- Location information – When you use a location-enabled Advanced Navigation service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique application numbers – Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to us when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local storage– We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
How do we use information we collect?
We may use the information we collect, including your personal information and transaction information, from all of our services in any one or more of the locations that Advanced Navigation has operations or otherwise conducts business (these locations currently being Australia, the United States, the United Kingdom, Poland, Abu Dhabi, Singapore and France) for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our website and services;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website and services, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties;
- to consider your employment application;
- for internal and service-related purposes, such as to provide, maintain, protect, improve, and personalise our services, to develop new ones and to protect the rights, property, or safety of Advanced Navigation and our users;
- to communicate with you in order to provide you with information we think may be useful or relevant to you;
- to promote our services and related services;
- to analyse information in order to offer aggregated anonymised data products to third parties;
- to facilitate the sharing of aggregated and anonymised information with third parties, including transaction data;
- to monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with our services and for marketing or advertising purposes or to offer you tailored content;
- to investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorised access to or use of our services, and other illegal or unusual activities;
- when you contact us, to keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements;
- from cookies and other technologies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services; and
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We will always give you the opportunity to opt-out however, we and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services and products. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with applicable legislation. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg an unsubscribe link).
Who do we disclose information to?
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Retention of Personal Data
We’re required to keep some of your information for certain periods of time under law. When we no longer require your information, we’ll ensure that your information is destroyed or de-identified.
We may need to retain certain personal information after we cease providing you with products or services to enforce our terms, for fraud prevention, to identify, issue or resolve legal claims and/or for proper record keeping.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
Advanced Navigation processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia. Where we disclose your personal information to third parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Information you share
Some of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with third parties unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of Advanced Navigation when we have your consent to do so.
- With account administrators
If your account is managed for you by an organisation administrator then your organisation’s administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organisation will have access to your information (including your email and other data).
Your account administrator may be able to:
- view statistics regarding your account;
- change your account password;
- suspend or terminate your account access;
- access or retain information stored as part of your account;
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information.
- With Third Party Service Providers
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage or management, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, customer lifecycle management providers, data analytics or reporting providers, finance systems, cyber security providers, project management or collaboration providers, testing, research and alert tools, email service providers and payment systems operators;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you.
- To address fraud, security or technical issues
We will share your personal information with trusted third parties where necessary to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- For legal reasons
We may disclose your information if required by applicable law, regulation or as part of any actual or prospective legal process (including if reasonably necessary to enforce applicable Terms of Service or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights). If we receive a request from a regulatory body or law enforcement agency, and if permitted under GDPR, the CCPA and other laws, we may disclose certain information to such bodies or agencies.
- Merger or acquisition
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services. This could also include government bodies, industry groups, insurers and educational/training facilities.
We have put in place robust measures regarding the security of the information we collect and store about you (including through the use of network and database security measures) and will use our reasonable endeavours to protect your personal data from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) or Transport Layer Security (TLS).
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
- We have multiple authentication and access control measures to ensure data is only accessed by authorised personnel.
- We enforce strong encryption of all data at rest through the use of the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES-256).
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our servers via third party networks; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Using our website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Please note that clicking on links and banner advertisements on our websites can result in your browser accessing a third party website, where data privacy practices are different to that of Advanced Navigation.
We are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties and you should consult their privacy policies.
If you have any enquiries or if you would like to contact us about our processing of your personal information, please contact us by any of the methods below. When you contact us, we will ask you to verify your identity.
Contact name: Head of Legal
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +61 02 9099 3800
Level 12, 255 George Street
Sydney NSW 2000, AUSTRALIA
Appendix 1 – Additional Disclosures
The Legal Basis for Processing your Information
Under GDPR, the main grounds that we rely upon in order to process personal data collected via our websites and services are the following:
- Necessary for entering into, or performing, a contract– in order to perform obligations that we undertake in providing a service to you, or in order to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with us, it will be necessary for us to process your personal data;
- Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation– we are subject to certain legal requirements which may require us to process your personal data. We may also be obliged by law to disclose your personal data to a regulatory body or law enforcement agency;
- Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests– either we, or a third party, will need to process your personal data for the purposes of our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests, provided we have established that those interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms, including your right to have your personal data protected. Our legitimate interests include responding to requests and enquiries from you or a third party, optimising our website, applications and customer experience, informing you about our products and services and ensuring that our operations are conducted in an appropriate and efficient manner;
- Consent– in some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to process your personal data in a particular way.
Third Party Service Providers
As mentioned above, we will share your personal information with trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, and to perform maintenance or respond to technical incidents affecting our services. A list of sub-processors currently engaged by Advanced Navigation is published here.
Where we disclose personal information to third parties, we require minimum standards of confidentiality and data protection from such third parties.
Processing Outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
To the extent that any personal information is provided to third parties outside the EEA, or who will access the information from outside the EEA, we will ensure that approved safeguards are in place to ensure that we comply with GDPR, such as the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
Advanced Navigation processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live, including outside the EEA. We use data centres operated by our third-party cloud hosting provider, Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) to store user data and data uploaded to our products.
Retention of Personal Data
Your rights in respect of information we hold about you
You have certain rights in relation to personal information we hold about you. Details of these rights and how to exercise them are set out below. We will require evidence of your identity before we are able to act on your request.
Right of Access
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the personal information about you that we hold. Where we have good reason, and if the GDPR permits, we can refuse your request for a copy of your personal information, or certain elements of the request. If we refuse your request or any element of it, we will provide you with our reasons for doing so.
Right of Correction or Completion
If personal information we hold about you is not accurate, out of date or incomplete, you have a right to have the data rectified, updated or completed. You can let us know by contacting us at [email protected]
Right of Erasure
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that personal information we hold about you is erased e.g. if the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed or our processing of the information is based on your consent and there are no other legal grounds on which we may process the information.
Right to object to or restrict processing
In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information by contacting us at [email protected] . For example, if we are processing your information on the basis of our legitimate interests and there are no compelling legitimate grounds for our processing which override your rights and interests. You also have the right to object to use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
You may also have the right to restrict our use of your personal information, such as in circumstances where you have challenged the accuracy of the information and during the period where we are verifying its accuracy.
Right of Data Portability
In certain instances, you have a right to receive any personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You can ask us to transmit that information to you or directly to a third party organisation.
The above right exists only in respect of personal information that:
- you have provided to us previously; and
- is processed by us using automated means.
While we are happy for such requests to be made, we are not able to guarantee technical compatibility with a third party organisation’s systems. We are also unable to comply with requests that relate to personal information of others without their consent.
You can exercise any of the above rights by contacting us using any of the methods in the Contact section above.
Most of the above rights are subject to limitations and exceptions. We will provide reasons if we are unable to comply with any request for the exercise of your rights.
To the extent that we are processing your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us using the details in the Contact section above.
Automated decision-making takes place when an electronic system uses personal information to make a decision without human intervention. It is specifically regulated under GDPR where such decisions are taken which have legal or other significant effects on individuals. It is permitted in the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary to enter into or perform our contract with you and appropriate measures are in place to safeguard your rights.
- In limited circumstances, with your explicit written consent and where appropriate measures are in place to safeguard your rights.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated processing, unless we have a lawful basis for doing so, we have notified you and given you a right to challenge the decision or to require that the decision be taken by a person.
If you are unhappy about our use of your personal information, you can contact us using the details in the Contact section below. You are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office using any of the below contact methods:
Telephone: 0303 123 11113
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office
If you live or work outside the UK or you have a complaint concerning our activities outside the UK, you may prefer to lodge a complaint with a different supervisory authority. A list of relevant authorities in the EEA and the European Free Trade Area can be accessed here.
(b) California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
The CCPA grants California residents certain additional rights regarding the personal information that Advanced Navigation may collect, disclose or sell. For purposes of this section, “Personal Information” means anything that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California consumer or household. We do not collect, use or sell Personal Information of children age 16 or under.
Individuals with disabilities may access this policy in an alternative format by sending an email to: [email protected]
Your Disclosure Rights
- Over the past 12 months, Advanced Navigation has collected personal information from you as provided in the “Information we collect” section above.
- Advanced Navigation may share your information with third parties as provided in the “Information we share” section above.
- Advanced Navigation does not sell (as such term is defined in the CCPA) the personal information that we may collect from you.
The CCPA also provides California residents with the right to request additional details about the personal information we collect (including how we use and disclose this information and whether it is sold) and, if necessary, the right to delete your personal information.
California residents may make a request pursuant to your rights under the CCPA by contacting us at [email protected]. To ensure that the request is coming from you and to protect the security of your Personal Information, we will verify your request using 2 out of the following 4 data points to verify your identify: (1) email address; (2) telephone number; (3) description of the product or service you purchased or inquired about, and (4) the security code from your credit card. If you are requesting to delete sensitive information, you must provide us with us with 3 out of the following 4 data points described above to verify your identity. Government identification may be required.
We also commit to not discriminate against any California consumers because you exercise any of your rights. To read more about the CCPA please visit California Legislative Information.
You have the right to receive our products and services on equal terms regardless of whether or not you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
To read more about the CCPA please visit California Legislative Information
Third Party sub-processors
Advanced Navigation uses sub-processors to process personal data on behalf of its customers.
Advanced Navigation routinely evaluates each sub-processor initially and on a regular basis. We also adopt supplementary measures to protect such personal data.
When we engage a new sub-processor, or remove a sub-processor, we will update this page. If you have questions or concerns about a new sub-processor, we are happy to help. Please contact us at [email protected]